- Friday June 14th Mexican Fiesita Theme
- Friday July 12th Theme to be determined
- Friday August 16th Theme to be determined
- Friday September 13th Theme to be determined
The Friday Night Pilot House Gatherings start at 6:30 pm. Please bring your our table service, drinks and a dish to pass.
We are looking for hosts for July, August and September. Please contact Tim or Sandy Stimers if you would like to be a host or volunteer to help work the events.
Phone: 231-744-5417 or 231-670-0372
E-Mail: [email protected]
Hope to see you at the Friday Night Pilot House Gatherings!
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to get your boat ready and schedule a launch date. We will start moving boats out of the buildings beginning April 1st and launching boats, weather permitting. Launches will be scheduled in the order received. You will receive a call confirming the date and time. Please fill out this form and return to us.
A lack of rain and snow left Lake Michigan water levels near an all-time low in 2012. If the trend continues, records could be set in 2013.
The low water levels could have a positive impact on shipping activity in Muskegon, which has a deep-water port and could attract vessels that other ports can’t handle, according to some local officials. Ships also will have to lighten load and make extra trips.
Important Pointe Marine Dates to Remember:
- Aug 1st (or shortly after) – Storage Contracts are sent out to Members. Reserve Heated Storage Now. Payment is due In Full w/ Contract.
- Aug 15th (or shortly after) – Storage Contracts are sent to Non Members. Inside Cold Storage & Outside Storage is Open for Reservation.
- Sept 1st- Member’s deadline for heated storage reservation today. All storage payments are due in full. No Reservation will be made without payment. Heated Storage is now open to Non Members. First pay, first serve basis.
- Oct 1st – Slip agreements for the next season are sent to members.
- Oct 1st – Nov 1st (official) – Haul out begins
- Nov 1st – Deadline for Member Slip Agreements and Deposits.
- Late November / Early December – Renters are sent Slip Agreements for the next season and notified of availability. Renters have THREE WEEKS from the notification date to reserve slip with deposit and signed agreement. After three weeks, slips are made available and advertised to general public.
- Dec 1st – Power will be shut off to boats storing outside
- Mar 15th – LAST DAY to back out of slip agreement and get deposit refunded. After today, Members are responsible for their slip fees in full.
- Apr 1st – Power goes back on to slips. SLIP FEE BALANCE DUE IN FULL. ALL SLIP FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO SCHEDULE LAUNCH.
- Apr 15th – May 1st (official) – Launch Begins (Weather Permitting)
Members can now view and print their 2012 / 2013 Boat Storage Agreement and 2012 / 2012 Winter Service Agreement by visiting the out Members-Only Page. There you will also find the new storage and service rates that are valid through June 1, 2013. Please call Pointe Marine for access if you do not have password for Members Only page.
The Friday Night Pilot House Party for this month will be cancelled due to the Muskegon Sail & Power Squadron Family Picnic held on Saturday August 18, 2012. Please mark your calenders.
Saturday, August 18, 2012
- 12:00 – 1:30pm - Muskegon Power Squadron will host a picnic of Hot Dogs, Baked Beans & Chips at the Pilot House. Donations welcome. You can also bring a dish to pass (optional).
- 1:30 – 3:00pm - North Muskegon Fire Department will have a fire ring & materials to practice the use of Fire extinguishers, Flares & other Boating safety items. NMFD will provide the training.
If you have outdated equipment that you would like to donate, please contact Kelli in the office or Pete Mulford, Slip #85, 231 744-5934.
Most commonly, it’s faulty boat wiring that is not in compliance with standards. Specifically, the situation is created when faulty wiring causes underwater metals on boats to become energized.
Pointe Marine will be CLOSED Wednesday, July 4th 2012 in celebration of Independence Day. Have a happy, safe holiday!